The Parish Town Historical Society will host a spring
cemetery walk on Saturday, May 19 at 11 a.m. at the historic
This old necropolis is located at the end of Easy Street,
when it meets County Route 26 on the north side, between
Happy Valley and Stone Hill Roads. In 1867 the Getman family
farm was situated just east of the cemetery at the corner of
what is today the corner of County Route 26 and Stone Hill
Road. This cemetery was founded about 1870.
Early citizens will be portrayed at their gravesites by
members of the Society. The life and times of people buried
in the cemetery will be presented through a living window to
the past in a touching and memorable way--in their own
Cemetery repairing stones -- May 1999.