is located on the east side of Bidwell Road, between County
Route 26 and Kipp Road. This small cemetery about 215'
x 125' in dimension, was begun about 1830. It has an
active cemetery association.
Dutch Hill Cemetery
is situated on the east side of Dutch Hill Road between
Voorhees Road and State Route 69. This cemetery is
225' x 165'. It was established about 1850.
The cemetery drive is lined on each side by a row of ancient
is found on the north side of County Route 26 between Happy
Valley Road and Stone Hill Road. In 1867 the Getman
family farm situated just east of the cemetery at the corner
of what is today County Route 26 and Stone Hill Road.
This cemetery was founded about 1870.
Merrit Corner Cemetery
is located on the north side of Voorhees Road between
Shetler Road and Chapman Road. The dimensions of this
cemetery are 125' x 90'. Established about 1830, most
of these headstones are field stones fixed in ground with no
writing on them. The Merritt family farm in 1867 was
situated on the northeast corner of what is today Voorhees
and Chapman Roads.
is located on the west side of County Route 26 between the
Amboy town line and Dutch Hill Road. The dimensions of
this cemetery are 149' x 218'. The cemetery is
situated at the site of the Mitchell family farm. It
is several hundred feet off what today is County Route 26.
Parish Center Cemetery
is the smallest cemetery, with approximately five
internments. It was founded in 1850. It is
located on the east side of county Route 22 between State
Route 69 and County Route 26.
Pleasant Lawn Cemetery
the largest of the cemeteries of Parish, is located on the
west side of South Railroad Street in the village between
Woodview Drive and the village limit. The cemetery
covers approximately eleven acres and has hundreds of
interments. The cemetery was established in 1806 and
has an active cemetery association. Pleasant Lawn is
also the site of the Mills and Petrie Chapel and the Mills
and Petrie mausoleum.
The chapel is a brick rectangular structure, with a
step-parapet roof line, slate roof, attached buttresses, and
is Tudor Gothic in style. Inside, there are oak
hardwood floors, white plaster walls, a ceiling of narrow
wainscoting, with four sets of trusses to secure the roof
and sidewalls. There are stained glass windows and an
organ manufactured by the Beckwith Organ Company of Chicago.
The chapel was completed in 1917.
The Mills and Petrie Mausoleum is a gray marble structure
with a pair of marble doors. There are six interior
vaults and a rear west wall stained glass window portrait of
Jesus. It is the final resting place of Parish
philanthropists, Nathan Petrie and Samuel Mills, and their
wives. It was completed in 1899.
is located on State Route 69 between Ellis Carr Drive and
County Route 22. The cemetery was founded in 1850.
It is situated back from the road, on top of a prominent
hill and it lies about one quarter mile north of State Route